Caribbean Rum Distillery
The aim of this project is to build a new rum distillery in the Caribbean. Based on the success of a previous project with the client, FDT were appointed to lead the process design and project management of the project up to the point of installation and commissioning of the new distillery.
The distillery will take in fresh sugar cane juice from an integrated milling facility. The cane will all come from the island. The fresh make rum will be put into casks on site and then matured.
As part of the project the following activities were completed by FDT.
- Feed in to initial site suitability assessment.
- Process design, including cane handling (liaising with specialised suppliers), rum distillation and vinasse handling.
- Full site utility design, including power generation.
- The supervision and coordination between the different process vendors involved with the project.
- FDT will also supervise and co-ordinate the installation and commissioning of the distillery in the summer of 2019.