New Craft Distillery
FDT’s client planned to build a craft distillery with a starting capacity of 120,000 lpa and a visitor centre at a site located in Co. Cork. The distillery must be suitable for the following:
- Production of single malt and single pot still Irish whiskey.
- Production of gin and vodka through the re-distillation of neutral spirit.
- The bottling of gin, vodka and small volumes of whiskey.
- The casking of new make spirit produced on the site for the purpose of maturation and the production of Irish whiskey.
For this project, FDT carried out the following:
- Front end design, mass and energy balance, and cost estimate
- Design up to the planning stage.
- ATEX area classification.
- Assistance with procurement.
- Provision of project management through to the installation of the distillery.